Thursday, February 21, 2013
6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Norris Conference Center, Live Oak Ballroom
At Student Conference 2013, IIDA Houston City Center is hosting our first ever CEU in concurrence with the Industry Tabletop Expo! We welcome all local industry professionals attend and encourage you to stop by the Expo across the hallway for networking and knowledge before or after the CEU.
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc. + The KipCo
Presenter: Todd Schoenemann, Cosentino Group
Course Title: Understanding Recycled Content Surfacing Material: Its value under LEED and beyond
Credits: 1 AIA HSW/SD CE Hour + 1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professional
Description: This course will better inform the designer about recycled content surfacing materials and the recycled materials that go into the development of this product. This course also compares and contrasts properties of other surfacing materials to recycled content solid surface and their applications as well as describing how these materials fit into sustainable design and associated rating systems.
By completing this course the design professional will be able to:
- Define the difference between "green" buildings and "green" products as compared to traditional building methods and materials
- List the benefits of Recycling
- Describe the basics of the different recycled content products
- Describe recycled content surfacing materials and their manufacturing process
- Explain the advantages of resin based recycled content surfacing to other products that typically specified
- Explain how recycled products can contribute (directly and indirectly) to obtaining points under the LEED program
- Describe what Cradle-to-Cradle and GreenGuard certification are and why they are important
- Explain the importance of specifying and using recycled content surfacing products as related to environmental issues
- Explain the importance of going BEYOND "green"
For additional information or questions, please contact Houston City Center Programs Chairs Necia Bonner email@example.com and Steavie Cain firstname.lastname@example.org.